Task Force SIGHT AND LIFE Support for new regional resource centres project
Task Force SIGHT AND LIFE is supporting the training of eye health workers at six key training centres in Africa, Asia and Latin America through distributing teaching and educational materials on Childhood Blindness and Xerophthalmia. The support of Task Force SIGHT AND LIFE for the new Regional Resource Centres project means that more than 1,100 materials will be made available to support eye health workers involved in training others.
‘This is an important partnership’ said Dr Martin Frigg of Task Force SIGHT AND LIFE, ‘and we believe that our contribution will have a far-reaching impact on the education of health workers
in the prevention of childhood blindness and, particularly, vitamin A deficiency’.
The project will be co-ordinated by the International Resource Centre for the Prevention of Blindness, ICEH, London and involves six training centres in Colombia, Nigeria, Tanzania, South Africa, India and Pakistan.
News and notices in Comm Eye Health Vol. 13 No. 34 2000 –
- Task Force SIGHT AND LIFE Support for new regional resource centres project
- High Quality Low Cost Intraocular Lenses (IOLs)
- Community eye health courses
- Tropical Doctor
- Repair and Reconstruction
- Community eye health workshops
- Foundation Dark & Light
- Sight and Life Manual on Vitamin A Deficiency Disorders (VADD)